Sunday, January 18, 2009

My Oscars (part 1)


I am listing who I would nominate for the Oscars at this point .. as with many lists of mine it is due to change .. because I have yet to see many fillms (Slumdog Millionaire, Revolutionary Road, the Reader, Gran Torino, Frost/Nixon, Vicky Christina Barcelona, etc etc etc.) but as far as the films I have seen this year .. here is who I would nominate for the big awards .. I will save my winners until I have seen them all, so that its fair. And yes, I am nominating 6 people instead of 5 in some categories.

BEST PICTURE
Changeling
Cloverfield
Doubt
Milk
The Wrestler

BEST DIRECTOR
Darren Aronsofsky - The Wrestler
Johnathan Demme - Rachel Getting Married
Clint Eastwood - Changeling
Gus Van Sant - Milk
John Patrick Shanley - Doubt

BEST ACTOR
Josh Brolin - W
Jared Leto - Chapter 27
Sean Penn - Milk
Brad Pitt - The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Mickey Rourke - The Wrestler

BETS ACTRESS
Anna Farris - The House Bunny
Anne Hathaway - Rachel Getting Married
Angelina Jolie - Changeling
Frances McDormand - Burn After Reader
Meryl Streep - Doubt

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
Josh Brolin - Milk
Jason Butler Harner - Changeling
Emile Hirsch - Milk
Bill Irwin - Rachel Getting Married
Phillip Seymore Hoffman - Doubt
Heath Ledger - The Dark Knight

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Amy Adams - Doubt
Viola Davis - Doubt
RoseMarie DeWitt - Rachel Getting Married
Tilda Swinton - The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Marisa Tomei - The Wrestler
Debra Winger - Rachel Getting Married

No comments: