Sunday, January 18, 2009

Daily Amy 2: Makes own Record Label


Amy Winehouse spent 1.5 million dollars in St. Lucia yesterday by buying her own record label, claiming: "I want to a transform myself into a music mogul for the sake of Dionne." She is speaking of Dionne Bromfield, her 13 year old goddaughter, whom she signed immediately to the new label as its first artist. Winehouse contacted Lady Gaga, Lemar, and X Factor star (british american idol) Eoghan Quigg to record duets with Dionne on her album. Amy has also co-written the album, over the past 6 to 12 months, and she will produce the album out of her own pocket. It is expected to be released in March.

Dionne had this to say about her godmother:

"I had a lot of record companies wanting to sign me but I didn't know where to go. So for Amy to set up this record company and make me her first signing means so much. She is my hero."

No comments: