Monday, January 26, 2009

Weir dissapoints


My favorite ice skater - Johnny Weir - dissapointed big time at this years US Championships, finishing in 5th place. However today he was named as 1st alternate to go to the worlds. Certainly disapointing. He had this to say:

"I hope the federation and the (selection) committee can see all the hard work I've put in and not overlook but understand the circumstances I was in. I completely take primary ownership of my illness and the fact I wasn't prepared. But at the same time, I can't push myself and expect something that I know is impossible. It may sound like an excuse, but you have to remember that Michael Jordan had a whole team around him, I'm a single, skinny, sparkly boy standing by myself."

Rather he goes or not -- I still love him.

No comments: