Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Walking Zombie

I feel like a walking zombie today. And yesterday too in fact. Working then going straight to rehearsal. Were in cue to cue. Its a tech heavy show. So last nights 4 hour cue to cue got us through about 20 pages of a 70 page show. So we do more tonight. Wow. Lots of sitting around, joking about taints, trying to read but not having light, standing around, being blinded by lights, being hot as hell in a white tuxedo jacket, you know the drill. I was dead tired when I got out. Beat even. Felt like I had just lost a fight or something I was so tired. Thankfully my amazing boyfriend picked me up on the corner of Irving Park and Broadway. I looked a hot mess in my ball cap, my hole shirt, my russian jacket, smoking a cig lookin like a hooker. He drove me back to man cave, ordered me to lay down on his bed and rest while he got dinner ready (i forgot to mention i didnt have time to eat). So at midnight I walked out into the living room and almost cried. Nicholas had prepared a inside picnic. So romantic. Layed out the rug, a blanket over it, lit about 12 candles, had romantic music playing, and to my surprise he had gone out and gotten my favorite meal at my favorite mexican resteraunt. Mmmm mole sauce. It was one of the sweetest things anyone has ever done for me. Ever. Holding back the tears I enjoyed the food, and some great imported wine, and stared into the eyes of the man I love. Afterwards we wandered to bed, after I popped some tylenol pm with some wine. I slept great. But woke up still dreary. He drove me home (and proceeded to have an adventure at jewel you can read about on his new blog) and I uploaded his senior recital onto my zune. I took a shower and headed to work. Listening to my boy singing in my ears the whole train ride. I feel like I am moving in slow motion now though. I havent seen Carly in almost 3 weeks. I miss her. I havent seen Tara in forever. I miss her. I miss lots of people. I love my boyfriend. I am tired.

No comments: