Sunday, June 29, 2008

Daily Amy: The Glastonbury Brawl (from good to crazy)


So as expected, Amy did turn up at last nights Glastonbury festival. And it seemed that she was in amazing form just from the get-go. She looked amazing, maybe even better than yesterdays Nelson Mandela concert. She came out and greeted the audience with saying: "You don't even know how happy I am to be here tonight. I feel like they should make up a new word in the dictionary for happy, and have a picture of me there!" Some of her other one liners included: "It took three women to get me into this dress. What is about women? It takes us 'nuff time to get dressed, but pow, no time at all to get undressed." And after one song when the people in the front were just staring at her she said: "I didnt see none of you moving - and thats fine - but I do feel bad for the people you have to have sex with though." Then making a dig at her own small frame she said: "If one of my ribs pops out of my dress will someone grab it please? I will reward you kindly." LOL

Things started to go downhill however when she began to sing some of the heavier songs from the album. She began talking about her incarcerated husband, "My hubby is getting out in 2 weeks" It even got really deep, and odd, in front of hundreds of thousands of people when Amy went on to describe their relationship:
"I thought I'd die with the man, then I was torn apart from him. I'm serious, I'd never loved a white man before - then he came and hit me over the head with a cricket bat. Not literally, obviously." Now the Britain fans love their Amy Winehouse, but they do not like Blake her husband too much. They see him as her corrupter. Before him she had her head on straight - now not so much. So there was some booing. And Amy responded with: "Who booed? I'll find you, take your phone, and ring your mum about your bad manners." To which the audience erupted in laughter and applause. However Amy wasnt done fighting back.

First she oddly fought against rappers Jay Z and Kanye West. (Even though Jay Z had been praising her a day before)
"Let's hear it for Jay-Z. The man has got bollocks to come here, and play the tunes you don't even know you remember. Imagine if it was a cunt like Kanye West. 'Cunts like Kanye' - that should be his next album title." However I tend to agree with the Kanye comment, go Amy!

Now heres where things went horribly wrong. And sadly this will get all the press, and the fact that Amy Winehouse was diagnosed with early emphysema, was hospitalized for a week, has returned triumphantly to do 2 gigs this weekend, will take second seat to the fact that: yes, Amy Winehouse PUNCHED a fan in the face. Who knows why, what for, or how come? She went down into the crowd for Rehab, her closing song, and kept singing along as she just reaches out and punches an audience member what looks like two times. You can catch it on youtube linked below.

I am all happy and sad. But most of all happy - she made the gigs, and she sounded great, and looked great. Thats all I can ask for - the guy she punched must have deserved it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaG2I4fOmNg - Concert Start / Addicted
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gp7Hii1ee7k - Love is a Losing Game / Me and Mr. Jones
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNhnwvSsctk&feature=related - Rehab (with the punch)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IN7yJWi21E&feature=related - Amy Punches away
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLbWiYXFe9I - Youre Wondering Now

No comments: