Thursday, June 19, 2008

Anti-smoker: I don't care

For some ungodly reason, Bob (one of my bosses) is going on and on right now as I type about smoking. How he hates it, how it should be outlawed outside, blah blah blah. I understand that his family (as he says this constantly) has had bad luck in the lung cancer arena, BUT at the same time he is trying to play father to a 74 year old woman who wanted a smoke break. Come off it. You non-smokers sometimes piss me off. We can't smoke in a smoking section in a resteraunt now, we can't even smoke in a bar, and now you want it banned outside?! Here's my thoughts: Of course I know smoking is a bad habit, a terrible one in fact, and I also know that if I wanted to quit: I would. And I would quit for myself, not for someone telling me how bad it is. (the stupidest thing in the world is when someone asks a smoker if they know its bad for them:

Dumbass: Did you know smoking can give you cancer?
Me: NO?!!! WHAT!!???? OH MY GOD WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME?!

more like:

Dumbass: Did you know that smoking can give you cancer?
Me: Did you know that youre an idiot?

I tend to be very respectful of non-smokers. I would never smoke in someones house or car, or even around them if they didn't want to be near it. Because I have respect for them. So where's my respect?! Its just like a bad movie - if you dont like it, dont watch it. If you dont like smoking, dont smoke. Thats your poragative. Let me have mine without all your stupid little comments. I'll quit when Im good and ready too, and right now ... I'm not.

No comments: