Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Oscar Awards Luncheon
My how I would have love to have been at this lunch! Every year at this time, every single Oscar nominee attends a luncheon to celebrate - and they do a group shot, shown above! Here was the gossip and reports from the lunch:
* Meryl Streep, Brad Pitt, and Angelina Jolie did not attend the luncheon. The only one with an excuse was: Pitt, who is on location shooting the new Quientin Tarantino film - Inglorious Bastards.
* Reportedly the supporting actresses got along amazingly well, and were group together chatting most of the evening.
* Mickey Rourke chatted for a long time with Gus Van Sant, the director of Milk, and the two seemed very friendly. Meanwhile people reported Sean Penn stood outside on the balcony almost all evening smoking and being alone.
* Anne Hathaway sat beside fellow nominee Melissa Leo and the two actually ate off of each others plates.
* Kate Winslet and Marisa Tomei walked off alone for some private time, and were gone chatting for about 30 minutes.
Here are some pictures from the event: