Friday, February 27, 2009

How will Slumdog hold up?

This past decade has been great for movies, and people wonder how will Slumdog Millionaire hold up with the other best picture winners of the 00's. Here is my list of the top 9 winners for best picture, now including our latest: Slumdog Millionaire.

1. Chicago
2. No Country For Old Men
3. The Lord of the Rings: Return of the Kind
4. Gladiator
5. Slumdog Millionaire
6. Million Dollar Baby
7. A Beautiful Mind
8. Crash

- HAVEN'T SEEN The Departed, so I couldn't add it to the list -

I MUST admit .. this is a very dissapointing list.
I dont think any of these are perfect films, Chicago by far is the only one I have or would see multiple times. And I think Beautiful Mind and Crash are silly silly choices, Million Dollar Baby not much better.

Lets hope a fantastic film wins next year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gladiator and Lord of the Rings are AMAZING. If only you could see it.