Thursday, July 17, 2008

2008 Emmy Nominations (and commentary)


Its Emmy time again! And the nominations came out today!! Here are the important ones, and my choices for the winner:

Animated Program:

Creature Comforts America
King of the Hill
Robot Chicken
Spongebob Squarepants
The Simpsons

my pick: Well obviously the Simpsons

Outstanding Choreography:
Dancing with the Stars: Mambo - Julianne Hough
High School Musical 2 - Danny Ortega
So You Think You Can Dance: Hummingbird and Flower - Wade Robeson
So You Think You Can Dance: Transformers - Shane Sparks
So You Think You Can Dance: Sweet Dreams Table Dance - Mandy Moore

my pick: Its all about SYTYCD. My choice of the three is the awesome Hummingbird and Flower dance.

Best Comedy Series
30 Rock
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Entourage
The Office
Two and a Half Men

my pick: Curb Your Enthusiasm is the funniest. However Ive seen a couple episode of 30 Rock and it was GREAT. Very angry that Weeds is not nominated!

Best Drama Series
Boston Legal
Damages
Dexter
House
Lost
Mad Men

my pick: Lots of good nominees. Damages is BY FAR my favorite. Greys anatomy snubbed! And so was the Tudors dammit.

Guest Actor: Comedy Series
Rip Torn - 30 Rock
Will Arnett - 30 Rock
Steve Buschemi - 30 Rock
Tim Conway - 30 Rock
Shelley Berman - Curb Your Enthusiasm

my pick: I didn't know Tim Conway (from Carol Burnette show) was still alive. He gets my vote!

Guest Actor: Drama Series
Stanley Tucci - ER
Glenn Turman - In Treatment
Robin Williams - Law and Order SVU
Robert Morse - Mad Men
Oliver Platt - Nip/Tuck
Chalres Durning - Rescue Me

My pick: Charles Durning died and that was sad. But I gotta go with Oliver Platt for my favorite show Nip/Tuck!

Guest Actress: Comedy Series
Carrie Fisher - 30 Rock
Edie Falco - 30 Rock
Elaine Stritch - 30 Rock
Polly Bergan - Desperate Housewives
Katherine Jostyn - Desperate Housewives
Sarah Silverman - Monk

My pick: I gotta stay true to my girl Edie Falco, from my other favorite show the Sopranos, although my love for Sarah Silverman shows no end.

Guest Actress: Drama Series
Ellen Burstyn - Big Love
Dianne Carrol - Greys Anatomy
Cynthia Nixon - Law and Order SVU
Angelica Huston - Medium
Sharon Gless - Nip/Tuck

My pick: This is a great catagory. Like all these people! Going strong with my Nip/Tuck, and the AWESOME Sharon Gless. (Queen of TV, Cagney and Lacey, and Queer as Folk)

Best Reality Show Host
Ryan Seacrest - American Idol
Tom Bergeron - Dancing with the Stars
Howie Mandel - Deal or No Deal
Heidi Klum - Project Runway
Jeff Probst - Survivor

My pick: As much as I love Heidi and her speaking abilities, I gotta go with the original host of reality tv, and still the best, Jeff Probst!

Lead Actor: Comedy Series
Alec Baldwin - 30 Rock
Tony Shaloub - Monk
Lee Pace - Pushing Daisies
Steve Carrell - The Office
Charlie Sheen - 2 and a half Men

My pick: Alec Baldwin all the way!

Lead Actor: Drama Series
James Spader - Boston Legal
Brian Cranston - Breaking Bad
Michael C. Hall - Dexter
Hugh Laurie - House
Gabriel Byrne - In Treatment
Jon Hamm - Mad Men

My pick: The serial killer Michael C. Hall. For once please. no Johnathen Rhys Meyers - boo!

Lead Actor: Miniseries or Movie
Ralph Fiennes - Bernard and Doris
Ricky Gervais - Extras: The Series Finale
Paul Giamati - John Adams
Kevin Spacey - Recount
Tom Wilkinson - Recount

My pick: Love Tom Wilkinson, but my vote goes to the hillarious Ricky Gervais in one of the best season finales ever! YAY extras!

Lead Actress: Comedy Series
Tina Fey - 30 Rock
Christina Applegate - Samatha Who?
Julia Louis-Dreyfuss - The New Adventures of Old Christine
America Ferrera - Ugly Betty
Mary Louise Parker - Weeds

My pick: Must you ask? Mary Louise Parker of course!! (although I love christina applegate)

Lead Actress: Drama Series
Sally Field - Brothers and Sisters
Glenn Close - Damages
Mariska Hargitay - Law and Order SVU
Holly Hunter - Saving Grace
Kyra Sedgewick - The Closer

My pick: So easy! Glenn Close!! SHE BETTER WIN! (she was amazing!)

Lead Actress: Mini-series or Movie
Felicia Rashad - Raisen in the Sun
Catherine Keener - An American Crime
Susan Sarandon - Bernard and Doris
Judi Dench - Cranford
Laura Linney - John Adams

My pick: Catherine Keener playing one of the biggest villians in history. Dying to see this movie, based on the book I read: The Girl Next Door. Horrifying!! And i love her.

Best Made for TV Movie
A Raisen in the Sun
Bernard and Doris
Extras: The Series Finale
Recount
The Memory Keepers Daughter

My pick: Extras of course! Hillarious (and sad).

Best Miniseries
Cranford
John Adams
The Andromeda Strain
Tin Man

My pick: Tin Man. It had a cool cast and looked fun!

Best Original Music and Lyrics
Finneas and Ferb: "I Ain't Go No Rhythm" - Denny Jacob
Flight of the Concords: "The Most Beautiful Girl in the Room" - Bret McKenzie
Flight of the Concords: "Inner City Pressure" - Bret McKenzie
Jimmy Kimmel Live: "I'm Fu*king Matt Damon" - Sarah Silverman
Mad Tv: "Sad Fitty Cent" - Greg O'Conner

My Pick: Sarah Silverman of course!! SOO FUNNY!

Best Individual Performance: Music/Variety Show
Jon Stewart - The Oscars
David Letterman - The Late Show
Don Rickles - Mr. Warmth: The Don Rickles Project
Tina Fey - Saturday Night Live (Host)
Stephen Colbert - The Colbert Report

My pick: Tina Fey i suppose.

Best Reality-Competition Program
American Idol
Dancing with the Stars
Project Runway
The Amazing Race
Top Chef

My pick: No survivor? Blasphemy! I will pick Project Runway then!

Best Reality Show
Antiques Roadshow
Dirty Jobs
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition
Intervention
Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D List

My pick: Kathy Griffin for the 2nd year in a row! PLEASE

Supporting Actor: Comedy Series
Jeremy Piven - Entourage
Kevin Dillon - Entourage
Neil Patrick Harris - How I Met Your mother
Rain Wilson - The Office
Jon Cryer - 2 and a Half Men

My pick: Doogie Howser.

Supporting Actor: Drama Series
William Shatner - Boston Legal
Ted Danson - Damages
Zelko Ivanek - Damages
Michael Emmerson - Lost
John Slattery - Mad Men

My pick: Either from Damages would be good. Love Danson, but preferred Zelko!

Supporting Actor: Mini-Series or Movie
David Morse - John Adams
Stephen Dilane - John Adams
Tom Wilkinson - John Adams
Dennis Leary - Recount
Bob Balaban - Recount

My pick: Tom Wilkinson!!

Supporting Actress: Comedy Series
Kristin Chenowith - Pushing Daisies
Jean Smart - Samantha Who?
Amy Poehler - Saturday Night Live
Holland Taylor - 2 and a half men
Vanessa Williams - Ugly Betty

My pick: Wow someone from Saturday night live got nominated for acting!!! Just for that Amy Poehler gets my nod, just barely over Vanessa Williams.

Supporting Actress: Drama Series
Candice Bergan - Boston Legal
Rachel Griffiths - Brothers and Sisters
Chandra Wilson - Greys Anatomy
Sandra Oh - Greys Anatomy
Dianne Weist - In Treatment

My pick: I like them all. I will go with Dianne Weist! I love her.

Supporting Actress: Miniseries or Movie
Audra Macdonald - A Raisen in the Sun
Eileen Atkins - Cranford
Ashley Jensen - Extras: The Series Finale
Alfre Woodard - Picture of Ellis Woods
Laura Dern - Recount

My pick: I betcha Laura Dern will win (and that will be fine for me) but I just loved Ashley Jensen in the Extras finale!

Best Variety Show
Late Show with David Letterman
Real Time with Bill Mahr
Saturday Night Live
The Colbert Report
The Daily Show with Jon Stewart

My pick: Saturday Night Live - it seems to be getting better

Best Variety Special
Bill Mahr: The Decider
George Carlin: It's Bad For Ya
James Taylor: One Man Band
Kathy Griffin: Straight To Hell
Mr. Warmth: The Don Rickles Project
The Kennedy Center Honors

My pick: R.I.P. George Carlin, but I am still picking Kathy Griffin!

whew! that was long



No comments: