Monday, July 21, 2008

Bond singer is..... ??


The latest news on who would be the singer or the Bond theme was Alicia Keyes. Amy Winehouse (the original choice) went on record 2 days ago as being "deeply hurt" and "angry" that she had been bumped from the position because she had written 3 different versions which the producers loved. (The reason she was bumped is because, she did have an awesome song they loved, but she never went into the studio and recorded it). Then every name in the book was thrown around from Beyonce, to Leona Lewis, to Keyes. Well now the singer has been named. And its .... Duffy. Wow, bold choice. I like Duffy's cd "Rockferry" and I would have liked it better if Amy Winehouse would have sung it. I do like her, don't get me wrong. But its looking like an obvious Wino knock-off with the movie choosing her. I think they were better off going with Keyes if they didn't want Amy - that way the song would have taken a new life. This way - it will have the same type of feel - just not be near as good.

NO slam to Duffy (honestly) I do like her. I just don't think she is as good as Amy.

No comments: