Friday, August 8, 2008

Woody's Opera


It's time for Nicholas and I to plan a date. One of my favorite directors has just joined forces with Nicholas' favorite thing in the world. Woody Allen is directing an opera ladies and gentlemen. Woody is collaborating with the Exorcist director William Friedreiken to direct Gianni Schicchi, the third part of Giacomo Puccini's Il Trittico. Apparently, Friedkin is a well-known opera lover who has directed productions in Tel Aviv, Turin, Florence, and Los Angeles. They will be of course collaborating with the best vocal coaches and 1 other secret well known opera director. Woody is nervous about it, he said in a recent interview: "I'll give it my best shot … but I really don't know what to expect. The opera is unlike the movies; they boo. I've been disliked but from a distance, but this is different." Good luck Woody. See you on opening night (I wish).

No comments: