Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Religulous SNUBBED!


This is sad news for me. I love documentaries and am always interested in the ones the Academy chooses to nominate for best documentary. However this year, they have released the films which will be in contention for the 5 nominees and Religulous was SNUBBED?! To date (this year) it has made more money than every single one of these nominees and has been released in double the amount of theaters, as well as receiving great critical acclaim (including my 4 star review on this blog). However it was snubbed. I dont know why and it angers me. Here are the films the Academy will choose from:

"At the Death House Door"
"The Betrayal (Nerakhoon)"
"Blessed Is the Match: The Life and Death of Hannah Senesh"
"Encounters at the End of the World"
"Fuel"
"The Garden"
"Glass: A Portrait of Philip in Twelve Parts"
"I.O.U.S.A."
"In a Dream"
"Made in America"
"Man on Wire"
"Pray the Devil Back to Hell"
"Standard Operating Procedure"
"They Killed Sister Dorothy"

No comments: