Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Australia BOMBS!


I have NEVER liked Baz Luhrman. I hated Romeo and Juliet, and was very mixed (more towards the negative) about the over-exposed Moulin Rogue, so it is not a surprise to me that the anticipated directors next effort, Australia, is bombing - big time. And who is the biggest target of the neagtivity? Oscar winner Nicole Kidman. Here's some excerpts from some reputable reviews:

"Nicole Kidman drifts around the film like a lost porcelain doll, looking frozen, brittle and vapid, staring at the camera with her oh-golly-look-how-I'm-looking-interesting blue eyes"

"In Australia, Nicole Kidman is exquisitely accomplished at being awful."

"The kiss of death to an already bad film is the horrific performance by Nicole Kidman."

OUCH!!!!

Guess I will eliminate all chances of Australia at the Oscars!

No comments: