Monday, September 15, 2008

She did it again!


Kathy Griffin won again at this weekends Emmy Awards (never fear the big primetime awards are still to be handed out later this month). She won best non-competition reality show for the second year in a row! Last year she caused quite a scandal when she proclaimed that Jesus could suck it - and her Emmy was now her God. However this year - true to form - she caused a little less stir, but still stayed true to her witty and irreverant self. She said: "Well, well, well! Here we go again, fuckers. Here we go again. Tom Hanks is here, James Gandolfini -- what the fuck! I'm not going to tell anyone to suck it. I would make love to this thing if I could. Thank you again!"

In other funny women winning awards news, Sarah Silverman also won an Emmy, outstanding original music and lyrics for a television show for her song "I'm Fucking Matt Damon". Her speech wasnt so funny, yet actually very sad: "Matt Damon, I'm going to be honest, had very little to do with this being popular. Thhe person for who this video was made, Jimmy Kimmel, who broke my heart, who... will always have a place in my heart."

No comments: