Saturday, September 27, 2008

Daily Amy: In Her words



Amy Winehehouse actually sat down for a quick interview with a London newspaper backstage at her disasterous impromptu gig last week. She was singing with her goddaughter Dionne who is trying to start a record career. Amy opened up about her life as of now, and honestly - this all makes me want to cry. Here is what Amy said word for word:

“This isn’t a life – I’m a mess. When I look at Dionne she reminds me of myself. I used to be this little girl who liked Celine Dion and singing, this beautiful sweet girl with innocent dreams. Look where I am now. Look what happened to my dreams. This isn’t a life – I’m a mess, look at me. But this girl has everything ahead of her. She’s so beautiful and she reminds me so much of myself. This beautiful happy girl, she is so much like I used to be. I don’t want to leave her alone. I can’t believe what has happened to me. I am so sad. Dionne doesn’t have a boyfriend, she doesn’t have a Blake to mess her up. She’s sweet and should stay like that. What life do I have? My life begins when Blake gets out of prison. He is my life, I want to see him. I was more nervous about the gig than Dionne. I couldn’t even leave the house without her. It was so emotional being on stage with her. I got so upset I started crying and had to drag her off. I love her. She’s fucking amazing. I am just fucked up, and I cant apologize enough for that."

No comments: