Friday, December 19, 2008

Courtney 100% drug free



Courtney Love is almost done recording her new album "Nobody's Daughter", which will be due out next year! I am very excited because I was a huge fan of her work with her band HOLE in the 90's and her first solo cd "America's Sweetheart" was my favorite album of the year when it was released! However Courtney is pulling out all the stops with the new album. She tells Elle magazine that she has stopped taking her antidepressants while recording the album so that she can "confront her inner demons". Although she says she has been drug and alcohol free for almost 2 years, she is even stopping the use of her doctor subscribed anti-depression medication so that she will have recorded the album 100% drug free. "This is the first time I will have recorded an album without using drugs."

"I'm off antidepressants for the moment because my album producer wants me to feel the rage, wants me to be really angry, wants me to face the demons. And I am so f***ing angry! I'm getting back on them as soon as recording the album is finished. I'm not going to punch anybody, but I have to do two hours of exercise and chanting a day to feel good."

Wow - mark my words, this album will be amazing.

No comments: