Friday, October 17, 2008

Presidential Roast

Last night the Al Smith Dinner gala was held to raise money for Catholic charities. It is a longstanding tradition for the 2 presidential candidates to speak - and in effect to roast one another. And after a 4 year hiatus (Bush and Kerry didn't attend) we finally had a roasting. And I must say this couldn't have come at a better time. I have been so sick of the constant negativity and fighting between the campaigns, and last night they poked fun of each other in a friendly way, and it was hysterical. I think here, McCain's speech is funnier - he's finally found something he excels at: a stand up comedian (which many of his plans sound like comedy gold as well). They both are very funny and you should watch. It made me realize that regardless of how much I may disagree with McCain, or how much I liked Hillary more than Barack, that they both are humans, and 'probably' good people. Here, in full, is the roast. Enjoy!

No comments: